Our Family

Our Family

Wednesday, July 10, 2019

This season is hard!

     This year has been so different in so many ways.  I have homeschooled and had only one child living at home before but, this is so different.  H was my first child to homeschool. Girls are so different than boys. I also had a group of  homeschool and stay at home mom friends who had children around my daughters age. In addition we had a neighbor girl who was 3 years older than H and she played with her almost everyday. With J there are no neighbor boys to play with. Sure there are boys in the neighborhood, but they are on the other side of the neighborhood. They go to public school and have different schedules. Although I know plenty of moms in my neighborhood I don't know them well and don't consider them my friends. Homeschooling one child who doesn't have any real friends, is tough. Its lonely for both of us. I think its even harder in winter. There is not much to do inside for boys. The past 2 years he has played sports. I thought that would make us both some friends. NOPE. Last school year he went to private school. He had 3 kids he said were his friends, but once he no longer went to school there none of us kept in touch. I don't really know what the solution is to my problem short of joining a homeschool group which is already to late to do this semester. I hope next year we can put him back in private school.  We stopped driving the 45 mins to church( he didn't have any real friends there anyways) and hardly go with my husband to the church he leads at( no real friends there either) which is a 1.5 hr drive. We did visit a local church 2 times, but so far I have not felt like its where I need to go.  Im in limbo.  I'm in limbo with everything it seems.  I miss H and C so much and it truly puts me in depression most days. 

No comments:

Post a Comment